Going to the eye doctor should not be a one-way conversation. The important questions below can help you get the most out of your time with your eye care professional.
- Are all eyeglass lenses the same?
- Is there a difference in quality of lenses?
- What are the best lenses for my vision needs?
- Why are these lenses best for my vision needs?
- Can customised spectacles improve my vision quality and comfort?
- Will one pair of spectacles meet all of my vision needs?
- Are there different methods to perform an eye exam? What method do you use and why?
- What do you check for in an eye exam besides my prescription?
Specific Questions Around Prescription Lenses:
- What is a “coating” and what does it do?
- How do I avoid reflections on my spectacles?
- How do self-tinting (photochromic) spectacle lenses work? What brands of self-tinting spectacle lenses are available?
- Does my prescription limit the type of frame I can wear?
- What are “computer lenses”?
- Do I need special lenses for playing sports?
- What lenses are ideal to reduce sensitivity to light and reflections?
- If I have difficulty driving at night, what type of lens is recommended?
- How can I prolong the life of my spectacles?