- Ultra wide angle lens of 'fisheye' type
- overs an angle of view of 180° over the diagonal of the frame
- Designed as special lens for scientific and technical documentation
- Outstanding image quality and very even illumination from corner to corner
- Focusing can be done down to just 10 cm (4 inches) in front of the front element (this equals 0.3 meters distance from the film)
Preferred use: documentation, industrial, advertising, nature.
The F-Distagon® 3.5/30 HFT PQ lens can record a maximum of information within cramped spaces. The optical performance is so high that today's highest resolving color films can be utilized to their very limit. The special fisheye distortion depicts a subject in the center of the frame quite largely, but captures also most of its surroundings. Up to 180° in the corners of the frame. Straight lines running through the center of the image remain straight. Circles around the center remain circles. However, straight lines being tangential to the aforementioned circles, will become bent. The closer a line is located to the edge, the more it will become bent. This effect can be clearly seen and controlled in the SLR viewfinder. So it can be used for image creation – by either exaggerating it to extremes, or reducing it down to levels where it can hardly be noticed at all.
Wrapping it up: The F-Distagon 3.5/30 HFT PQ lens is an extremely interesting lens for stunning images. Be it in advertising, nature, or documentation under very cramped conditions.